The applications for online Seedstars World Competition for 2020/21 has opened.
The Seedstars team is looking for the most promising early-stage startups from 90+ emerging markets including Africa that will receive intensive training on how to be investment-ready.
They will take part in local, regional, and global stage competitions, but only one of them will be crowned as the Global Winner and receive a prize of up to USD 500,000 in equity investment.
- Apply to the nearest local competition in the ecosystem where your startup has operations.
- The Seedstars team will evaluate all applications using a purpose-built algorithm – the Investment Readiness
- Score – to evaluate the viability of your startup.
- All applicants will receive their score and selection results by the end of August 2020.
Online Seedstars Academy
- Startups that meet all of the selection criteria will receive access Online Seedstars Academy in August
- Accepted startups will have 2 months to utilize a series of webinars, training materials, and articles created by the Seedstars Investment Team and network of mentors.
- Network with startups in your local ecosystem and exchange experiences with your peers.
- Seedstars Analysts will review all applications and select the finalists from each ecosystem.
- Startup finalists from each local competition will be invited for a 1-1 interview with the Seedstars team to showcase their MVP, user traction, and the scalability of their business model.
- One local winner will be selected to advance to the Regional Stage of the competition
- Technology startups, tech-enabled startups and/or early-stage companies
- Presence of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Initial traction with users
- Operations based in the country/city of application
- No previous investments larger than USD 1M
- Pitch and application submitted in English
- Obligatory attendance to the preparatory online activities of the competition
- Maintenance of an active and responsive communication
Take advantage of dedicated training based on your Investment Readiness Score to enhance all aspects of business growth and development.
Network & Visibility
Participate in networking activities & make your company known to a regional and global audience through competition communication channels.
Winners get Regional Stage access to Investment Readiness training, a network of mentors & investors, tech perks and remain in the running to win $500,000 USD!
Application closes July 31st
- Announcing 8 Winners of Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge - 08/03/2020
- Confusion As ShopRite Denies it is Leaving Nigeria - 08/03/2020
- Top 5 Comedy Channels on YouTube in Nigeria - 08/02/2020