The African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV) is aimed at giving African startups access to know-how about the European market and to strengthen partnerships between African startups and established European companies and startups.
The African European Digital Venture Program also gives startups the opportunity to get to know the European and German ecosystem in a concrete and practical way, to establish first contacts that can be the basis for future business and to acquire relevant knowledge for this purpose.
What we offer
- Receive feedback from our business and startups experts
- Gain relevant know-how for collaborating with European companies
- Get your product ready for the European market
- Introductions to European corporates
- Learn about the German and European ecosystem
- Meet European corporates, startups, and investors
- Two modules in two months, coaching sessions between the modules
- Coverage of travel expenses (if traveling is possible)
- Office space (if the module is on-site in Munich (Germany))
In the first module “Knowledge Impact” the following workshops and expert sessions will be offered:
- Validation of business model and product-market fit, value proposition sharpening
- Getting to know the European market and German corporates
- Preparation of Market entry strategy
- Sales Processes and Pricing Strategies
- Team Development
- Intercultural awareness
- Financing / Venture Capital
- Visiting Workshops at Bits’n Pretzels, the biggest founder festival in Europe
In the second module “Networking Impact” the following workshops and expert sessions will be offered:
- Getting to know the ecosystem
- B2B Sales Pitch Training
- Peer-to-peer exchange with German startups
- Workshops with experts
- Feedback from potential (corporate) partners and investors
- Your company is registered in Tunisia or Ghana and at least one founder is African
- You are a highly motivated, English-speaking team with at least 2 team members and have an exceptional drive
- Your startup has a market-ready product in place, first customers and a highly scalable business model
- You offer a product or service that enables digital transformation or the digitization of processes in the fields of health, mobility, or built environment
- Ideally, you leverage technologies such as artificial intelligence, data processing, data analytics
- You are aiming to enter the European and/or German market and can prove there is a need on these markets
- 2 team members will participate in the program and at least one participant needs to be part of the management team – ideally, these would be CEO and CTO
- Your company profile is available online with appropriate information for business and financing partners
After the application deadline, a jury will evaluate the applications and select startup finalists for each ecosystem (Ghana and Tunisia). Selected teams will be invited to final pitches (online) in the first week of September.
Final communication to the 6-8 selected teams will be mid-September. The first module will start on Sep 27 (online).
Application closes August 15, 2020. Click here to apply.
- NCC Removes Price Cap For USSD Services Allowing Banks, MNOs to Negotiate Rates - 08/06/2020
- Konga Gets Investors Backing to Expand to Other African Countries After Rejecting $300 Million Valuation - 08/06/2020
- Apply: Publiseer CEO Launches ‘Savvy Fellowship’ to Groom Budding Entrepreneurs - 08/05/2020