The Financial Times has partnered with Seedstars, a Swiss-based company that invests and supports startups from emerging markets, to host the first FTxSDG Challenge.
The competition has been launched to empower promising, impact-driven startups and entrepreneurs with learning and funding opportunities. The call for applications is now live.
The focus on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) aims to bring awareness to global problems, while also empowering entrepreneurs who are creating solutions that can address these issues.
The event will bring together early-stage startups from emerging markets and individual entrepreneurs to take part in the FTxSDG Challenge competition.
150 participants will be invited to solve real business challenges and present innovative strategies with a focus on the SDGs.
The selected themes are:
- Gender equality, Climate Action
- Quality Education – supported by the School of Management Fribourg (HEG-FR)
- Good Jobs and Economic Growth
- Reduced Inequalities
- Good Health and Wellbeing.
- If your startup fits any of the FTxSeedstars Challenge SDG Themes
- If you have already a MVP
- If you have raised less than 1 mln USD
- If you have already Initial traction
- And if you have an Emerging markets focus
Prizes for Startups include
- Short track to Seedstars Investor Fund (investment size of USD 500K)
- Free participation to the 3 months Seedstars Growth Program (value of USD 80K)
Prizes for individuals and startups include
- Mentorship session after the challenge with Financial Times senior leadership team.
- Free access to USD 49k worth of discounts and perks from 50+ tools including AWS, Hubspot, Miro, Twilio and more.
- Certificates and Awards
- Feature in the post-event FT PR piece and in the FT Talent Newsletter
- Pitches will be featured on the FT Talent website as part of FT.com
- Access to exclusive masterclasses, guest panels and networking opportunities
The event programme includes one-month’s access to the Investment Readiness Sessions by Seedstars and a five-day event filled with workshops, masterclasses, talks, mentoring and networking hosted by FT and Seedstars experts
The deadline for applications is 1 November, 6pm GMT.
For more information, please visit the FTxSDG Challenge site: fttalent.ft.com/ftxseedstars/
- ARM Unveils Innovation Workspace For Startups in Lagos - 08/12/2022
- Catapult: Inclusion Africa Programme: Open For Applications - 08/11/2022
- Amazon Prime Video Unveils Local Service in Nigeria - 08/05/2022