The Digital Democracy Challenge powered by Seedstars, seeks innovative, low-cost, and viable digital solutions to uphold civic and democratic public space when the rights to freedom of expression and association are restricted.
The project also invites digital solutions to keep the democratic space alive, maintain a space for dialogue and ideas, and provide first-hand accounts of government activities.
Selected startups alongside stakeholders with take part in a 72-hour collaborative digital process. The process will finish on a Demo Day where the participants will pitch in front of a jury.
- Must be a team already (minimum of 3 members)
- Passionate about solving issues surrounding the decline of democracy globally
- Must have an idea already or even an MVP that can be developed further during the Hackathon
Why the challenge?
Technology has facilitated inclusive participation far beyond any other means of communication. It has also served to promote democracy and expand citizen participation while also reaching people who have been left out of democratic processes.
Hence, it is vitally important that we come together to develop innovative solutions and contribute to furthering Goal 16 of the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The program comes at the forefront of finding novel solutions to promote digital democracy and uphold a democratic and civic space.
- 1st place: 10,000 USD
- 2nd place: 8,000 USD
- 3rd place: 6,000 USD
Applications close on 13th September while hackathon is from 29th September to 1st of October.
- Sofri Partners CarePay to Commemorate Independence Day with Discounted Healthcare Services - 10/01/2022
- UM6P Ventures Invests in Infiuss Health to Improve Clinical Trial Participation and Health Equity in Africa - 09/29/2022
- Online Home Services Platform SweepSouth Gets $11m Funding Led by Alitheia IDF - 09/27/2022