UK-Nigeria Tech Hub has partnered with Ventures Platform and Startupbootcamp AfriTech to launch iNOVO to accelerate early-stage startups in Nigeria that are solving challenges resulting from the COVID-19 Pandemic, specifically in EdTech, AgriTech and HealthTech.
The accelerator programme is looking for startups with innovative, out of the box solutions, ideally having achieved some traction and ready to scale.
Through this 3-month online program, 10 selected startups will receive capacity building, lean startup training, mentorship and support to rapidly scale their products and business models.
SBC will provide the complete program through the Accelerator Squared platform, which provides a rich learning and collaboration platform where founders can engage with the SBC and Ventures Platform team, dedicated Entrepreneurs in Residence, mentors, investors, and industry experts. Teams will validate their solutions and perfect their pitching skills.
The 3-month program ends with an online Demo Day which will give each team exposure to a broad audience of investors and corporate and government partners.
Key areas of focus
Why join the program?
- 3-Month Program – An intense 3-month program designed to support entrepreneurs scale their industry-changing technology businesses.
- Masterclasses – Expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals – from business model canvas, a lean methodology to fundraising
- Corporate Partners – Connections to the leading corporates in your industry for pilot projects, partnership opportunities, and as customers
- Global Network – Unmatched access to a global network of mentors, corporate partners, industry experts, and alumni across 40+ countries
- Tailored Mentorship – Over 1000 carefully selected mentors who provide hands-on support and valuable introductions
- Alumni Growth Program – Continued post-program support far after the 3-month program through annual alumni-only events, deals, and tailored introductions
- Industry Events – Exclusive opportunities to take part in leading Commerce conferences and events
- Investor Access – Meet the most active VCs and Angel investors in your industry from around the world
- Demo Day – A day to celebrate your achievements during the program with investors, corporates, mentors and press attendees
To be eligible for the iNOVO program, the following criteria need to be met:
- You are solving a challenge that relates to or has arisen as a result of Covid19
- Your company has been formally incorporated
- Your startup is based in Nigeria and/or focused on the Nigerian market
- You have at least 2 people working on the project
- You are devoting more than 50% of your time to the project
Application period: 26 Jan – 24 Feb
Filtering and selection: 22 Feb – 5 March
Accelerator program and demo day: 15 March – 10 June
To learn more, visit our website startupbootcamp.org/accelerator/afritech-inovo/