TikTok, the popular video sharing service, has invited African entrepreneurs to join the world-first elevator pitch in the sky event.
Boniswa Sidwaba, content operations manager at TikTok Africa Team, said in a statement that founders of early-stage start-ups in Africa and the Middle East have until Sept. 24 to submit an innovative one-minute TikTok video pitch that will inform and impress the global panel of expert judges, using the platform’s easy-to-use video editing tools.
Sidwaba said that the funding initiative will provide entrepreneurs with the opportunity to compete for about 10,000 U.S. dollars) investment and one-year mentorship from the Gritti Fund.
In addition, three finalists will be awarded the once in a lifetime chance to skydive in United Arab Emirates’ Dubai, while simultaneously completing their winning elevator pitches.
Sidwaba noted that it has always been TikTok’s mission to inspire creativity and bring joy to its users and the launch of such a unique event is a testament to that.
“Through this event, we aim to support our local community of budding entrepreneurs by providing them with the opportunity to creatively express their ideas with the possibility that those ideas may materialize,” she revealed.
How to Apply
-Make sure you have or create your personal TikTok account
-Upload a 1-minute start-up pitch video to TikTok tagged with #PitchUpInTheSky, #OvercomeYourFear and #BeConvincing. The video MUST contain a text-box with the name of your startup
-Complete the #PitchUpInTheSky application form, where you must include your TikTok @handle and weblink to your video (in TikTok: share –> copy link)
- Pre-seed or seed stage
- With a working demo to show your service or product
- Raised less than $500k in funding
- From the Middle East and Africa
- In areas of healthcare, education, artificial intelligence, media & entertainment, and transportation
- Access to Lark Suite
- Global Media Exposure
All of the previous, plus
- Access to Lark Suite Pro version 1-year consulting from world-class
- Contacts into TikTok Europe
- Weekly personal mentoring
- Equivalent of $5,000 worth of mentorship/advisory sessions
- Social media/marketing amplification on Microsoft for Startups channels
- Interview/video story focused on the founders
- 1h architecture review session with our CTO-in-Residence
- 1h consultation Session for publishing their solution on Microsoft Marketplace
All of the previous, plus
Once in a lifetime opportunity (but also hard requirement) to skydive in Dubai
The Gritti Fund
- $10,000 investment by the Gritti Fund
- 1-year mentorship from The Gritti Fund
- Up to $120k worth of Azure credits to migrate and build on Azure
Application closes 24th September. Click here to apply.
- IFC Invests €20m in Bolt to Expand Mobility Solutions and Facilitate More Inclusive Transport in Emerging Markets - 03/05/2021
- Crowdyvest Attracts New Investors And Appoints Tope Omotolani as CEO - 03/04/2021
- Jumia Partners Samsung, Xiaomi, Intel, others to Offer Huge Discounts on Tech Gadgets For 2021 Tech Week - 03/02/2021