The MAN Impact Accelerator has opened applications for its third cohort and mobility and logistics social business startups in Africa have been invited to apply.
Why was it founded?
Access to mobility is one of the main drivers to alleviate poverty. More and more social entrepreneurs are tackling the issue and are providing transportation means to the base of the pyramid or are developing innovative solutions for the last-mile distribution of essential goods and services.
For this reason, we are harnessing the power of global economic player MAN Truck & Bus, to create a community of change-makers that are disrupting the mobility and logistics sector and bringing scalable social impact to the world.
What is it?
The Man Impact Accelerator is an 8-month multi-location accelerator for early-stage social business startups, looking to scale their business and impact potential.
The accelerator has a number of key focus areas, these include:
Internet of Things (IoT), Sensors, Digital health and MedTech, Big data and smart data, Chatbots, Drones and aerospace, Wearables, Education, Blockchain, Internet automation, Data analytics, Agriculture, Last-mile connection and distribution, Cybersecurity and Platforms
Who is it for?
To be part of the 2019 batch you should be:
- Based or have a significant presence in either Europe, Brazil, South Africa (and PAN Africa
- Creating tangible impact and solving pressing social issues
- Have a strong mobility or logistics component
- Be ready for a journey that will transform the way you do social business
We accept social businesses and impactful startups from Europe, Brazil, South Africa as well as Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania that have a strong logistics, transport or mobility focus with a prototype and preferably early revenues. Startups must have a strong purpose and create both tangible and measurable impact beyond financial returns.
Scaling a fast-growing startup is hard. The challenge of growing fast is even more challenging when you are stuck in the day to day running of your business whilst your vision is spread across the globe.
The MAN Impact Accelerator program offers startups the best prerequisites for growing into strong, scalable businesses by providing access to a diversity of support, resources, and connections that they need…
- A world tour to 4 mobility hotspots: Munich, Lisbon, Johannesburg & Sao Paolo.
- Mentoring with +300 leading industry experts from companies like Airbnb, Amazon, Uber, Google, Maersk and many more.
- The unique and complementary partnership between YSB and MAN offers unprecedented access to inspiring networks across the globe.
- Opportunity to build valuable connections with potential investors.
- All travel and accommodation paid for!
Application closes on October 1st and you can apply here.