Westerwelle Foundation is looking for outstanding young entrepreneurs from developing and emerging countries to receive six months of business mentoring and participate in the Young Founder Conference in Berlin, Germany from 22nd to 26th of October 2019.
What is the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme?
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded six-month programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies.
The programme kicks-off with the Westerwelle Young Founders Conference in Berlin taking place from 22nd to 26th of October 2019. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and the German startup scene.
What we offer:
1. The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene and strengthen the entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation),
2. A personal mentor – an experienced entrepreneur who will function as a sparring partner with whom to discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities,
3. Monthly peer mentoring calls to share knowledge and support each other,
4. Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales),
5. The Young Founders Network – a strong alumni network to connect with other Young Founders, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges,
6. Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media channels and our networks,
7. Assistance beyond the programme as we remain a contact person and will help in finding experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings or celebrate successes.
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market Fit and has ideally secured first external funding (if you run a business model that requires external investment);
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies;
- you possess a good working knowledge of English;Im
- you are available to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can make time to participate in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-month programme.
Application process YFP Autumn 2019:
- Application deadline (31st of July 2019, 11 pm CEST)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (14th of August to 9th of September 2019)
- Jury decision and selection of participants (10th of September 2019)
- Notification of all applicants (11th of September 2019)