iPhone is one of the most sophisticated smartphones out there. So, we can say the relatively expensive price tag on iPhone is worth it. For those whose phone has been stolen, you can track them even if it is turned off. Regardless, you will only be able to locate a shut-off phone if you have the following:
- iPhone 11
- 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max
- 12 / 12 Mini
- 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max
- 13 / 13 Mini
- 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max
We share the steps to take to track your phone.
1. Tap the “Settings” icon on your phone and then tap the “iCloud” option.
2. Tap the switch next to “Find My iPhone.” This will change the switch’s setting from Off to On and enable the Find My iPhone service on your device.
3. Find your lost or stolen iPhone’s location by signing in to your iCloud account at icloud.com.
4. Click the “Find My iPhone” button. This feature attempts to locate your phone’s current location. If it can find the device, the location is displayed on a map.
5. Click the “i” icon to open another menu with more options. From here, you can make your phone play a sound or have it display a message. You can also remotely lock the device or remotely wipe its contents. This helps ensure that no one can use the sensitive information on your iPhone while it is out of your reach.
How to ensure no one uses your iPhone when stolen
1. Enable the “Find My iPhone” application on your phone while it is still in your possession. You cannot enable the application once the phone is lost or stolen. Go to the “Settings” application on your phone and choose “iCloud” from the menu. Toggle the icon next to “Find My iPhone” to the “On” position by tapping it once.
2. Go to a computer as soon as possible after you realize your phone has been stolen. Point the Web browser to iCloud.com and log in using your Apple ID and password. Click on the “Find My iPhone” icon to initiate a search for your phone. Once your phone appears on the map, click on the “i” icon next to it. Click “Remote Lock” to stop anyone from using your phone.