The Africa Startup Initiative Program (ASIP) is a program founded by Moh Damush, Telecel Group CEO as a CSR activity. It is powered by Startupbootcamp Afritech.
The Program contributes in a meaningful way to the African Continent to support the young startups whose innovative ideas are creating a difference in their communities. It exposes them to international organizations, and bridges the knowledge and expertise to allow them to attract partners that can add value to their startups.
The ASIP is looking for the next generation of African startups disrupting industry sectors including AgriTech & Supply Chain, FinTech, IoT & Connectivity, Machine Learning (Data Analytics), Cybersecurity, CleanTech and RegTech.
The program is ideal for tech-oriented startups looking to scale through corporate and public sector partnerships. Africa Startup Initiative Program scout, skill, and scale early-stage startups through intensive coaching and opportunities for pilots and Proof of Concept projects that subsequently open the doors for longer-term commercial agreements.
To be eligible for the program, your startup
- Has to be formally incorporated
- Has at least 2 people working on the project and devoting at least 50% of their time to the project
- Has customers or clients using the products or services
- Is generating revenues from the products or services
- 3-Month Program: An intense 3-month program designed to support entrepreneurs scale their industry-changing technology businesses.
- Masterclasses: Expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals – from business model canvas, lean methodology to fundraising
- Corporate Partners: Connections to the leading corporates in your industry for pilot projects, partnership opportunities, and as customers
- Global Network: Unmatched access to a global network of mentors, corporate partners, industry experts, and alumni across 40+ countries
- Tailored Mentorship: Over 1000 carefully selected mentors who provide hands-on support and valuable introductions
- Co-working Space: Free desks for your entire team in a dynamic co-working space for the duration of the 3-month program (pandemic depending)
- Living Expenses: €15K in cash per team to cover living expenses during the program
- Perks and Discounts: More than €500K+ in exclusive partner deals from leading technology providers such as Amazon, HubSpot, SendGrid, and others
- Alumni Growth Program: Continued post-program support far after the 3-month program through annual alumni only events, deals and tailored introductions
- Industry Events: Exclusive opportunities to take part in leading Commerce conferences and events
- Investor Access: Meet the most active VCs and Angel investors in your industry from around the world
- Demo Day: A day to celebrate your achievements during the program with 400+ investors, corporates, mentors and press attendees.
Upon completion of the program, startups will gain access to our extensive Global Alumni network. Furthermore, teams will be invited to our ‘SBC NXT’ Alumni support program, through which we provide 8 relevant Alumni services throughout the lifetime of the startups and beyond.
What we ask in return
In return, Startupbootcamp gets 8% equity in each company. We don’t take board seats, and we don’t get preferred shares. We strive to be the world’s most useful co-founders.
Applications close on January 28.