iOS 15 brings quite an interesting set of new features. Maps, Wallet, FaceTime and Safari all see major changes.
However, you can’t experience or enjoy the new update until you’ve upgraded to the new software. Here’s how to download Apple’s newest OS, with all the steps you should take care of before you upgrade.
What to do before downloading iOS 15
If your current iPhone runs iOS 14, then it’s supported by the new OS. Older devices may see a strain on battery life once they upgrade to the new software. Regardless, here are all the devices that can run iOS 15.
Also remember to create enough space for the download and ensure that you backup your data.
- iPod touch (seventh generation)
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
How to download iOS 15
1. Go to the Settings app, and select General.
2. From General, tap Software Update. If the iOS 15 beta is ready, it will be there waiting for you.
3. Tap Download and Install. You will have to input your PIN or passcode and accept Apple’s terms of service.
4. When the phone is ready to install the OS and restart, it’ll notify you with an on-screen prompt. Accept that prompt, and your iPhone will shut down.
As the software installs, you’ll see an Apple logo and a progress bar. Once everything’s completed, you’ll be prompted to unlock your phone with your passcode and enjoy your new iOS 15-powered device.
Note that because the new operating system is fairly large, expect the download to take a bit of time. You are advised to ensure that your iPhone is plugged in and charging if possible, so that your battery doesn’t run down during the upgrade process.
- ARM Unveils Innovation Workspace For Startups in Lagos - 08/12/2022
- Catapult: Inclusion Africa Programme: Open For Applications - 08/11/2022
- Amazon Prime Video Unveils Local Service in Nigeria - 08/05/2022