Launched 31st of August 2021, the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Program (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
Rising unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic are all impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work. The program seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise, while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. It does not matter if you have no job experience!
Why the Program
Other programs and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
The program will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
Benefits of Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Program for Fellows
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Program.
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Benefits of Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Program for Organisations
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the program will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Eligibility criteria (fellows)
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Eligibility Criteria (Organisations)
- Provision up-to-date regulatory documentation including –
- CAC Certificate of Registration
- Provision of official letter of interest detailing a clear understanding of the objectives of the NJFP and commitment to supporting the program by accepting fellow placements.
- Provision of clear descriptions of available role requirements.
- Agreement to provide mentorship support to fellows through dedicated sessions with existing experienced professional within their organizations.
- Agreement to abide by the guidelines of the program and to sign a code of conduct.
- Have non-discrimination policies on gender, ethnicity, religion and disability status, as well as policies against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA).
- Have no criminal records or conviction or any affiliation with proscribed organizations ie, terrorists, drug traffickers, illicit trade, child labour.
Click here to apply.