Do you know that you can hide a WhatsApp chat without necessarily deleting it? Yes, you can. This is called archiving. As a user of the messaging app, you can archive and unarchive your chats.
Here is a how you can can archive or unarchive WhatsApp chat on Android.
How to archive a chat for WhatsApp Android users
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- In the Chats tab, tap and hold the chat you want to hide.
- Tap archive icon on the top of the screen.
How to archive all your WhatsApp chats
- Open the messaging app on your Android device.
- Next in the Chats tab, tap More options icon (three dots).
- From the given options tap Settings.
- On the new page tap Chats> Chat history > Archive all chats.
To view archived chats, you need to scroll to the bottom of your Chats screen and after that tap Archived.
How to unarchive WhatsApp chat
- Open messaging app on your Android device.
- Next scroll to the bottom of the Chats screen and tap archived.
- You need to tap and hold the chat or group that you want to unarchive.
- On the top bar, tap the unarchive icon.
That particular chat or group will be unarchived on the messaging app. Note that archived chats will reappear when you receive a new message from that conversation.