Google for Startups Accelerator Africa is a three-month accelerator program for seed to series A technology startups across the African continent.
The Google for Startup Accelerator is designed to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology to startups that leverage machine learning and AI in their company today or plan to in the future.
In addition to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator also includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition, and leadership development for founders, specialized training, media opportunities and access to Google’s network of engineers and experts.
Seed to Series A-stage technology startups are eligible for the program. The Accelerator program is sector-agnostic and thus welcomes startups leveraging machine learning (or plan to in the future) from any vertical. The Google Accelerator Africa accepts applicants from 17 African countries. These are Algeria, Botswana, Cameroun, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda and Zimbabwe. The aim is to support the advancement of the startups through their crucial growth phases.
- Three months equity-free support
- Mentoring from 20+ Google teams such as Android, Cloud, Machine Learning and Web
- Access to Google’s global network of industry experts and mentors
- Partnership on an advanced technology project
- Technical training on design, people, product, and growth marketing
- Support on the high-level company and product strategy
- Google product credits
- Early access to new Google products and tools
- No grants or funding are given to startups on the program
Application will be open until 14 May 2021 and the three-month programme is slated to start on 21 June 2021.