Google has introduced a new mobile-only feature that makes people more discoverable on Google Search.
People Cards allow users to create their presence on Search in the form of a card (similar to a Google Search Knowledge Panel) that includes all the details they want other people to have about them.
“For many people,“ says Olumide Balogun, Head of Consumer Apps, Sub Saharan Africa at Google, “whether they’re content creators, business professionals, or just wanting to stand out from the crowd — having an online presence is important.
“For those without a formal website, or for people who share a name with many others, this is an easy way to create or distinguish their presence on Search,” he adds.
Create your people card
Google doesn’t guarantee that your card will show up on Google Search. The more info you provide in your card, the more likely it will show up in Google Search results.
- On your mobile device, go to google.com, or open the Google Search app.
- Search for yourself.
- You can also search add me to google or edit my people card.
- At the top of the search results, you’ll find the option to add yourself to Google Search. Tap Get started.
- Fill out the information that you want to share publicly on your card. These fields are required:
- At the bottom, tap Preview.
- If you’re satisfied with your card, tap Submit.