The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has launched the Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) for all students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The STIC challenge is a programme by the NCDMB to motivate and challenge Nigerian undergraduates to embrace the culture of Research & Development, Applied Science, Technology, and Innovation to create human solutions in the oil and gas industry and other sectors of the Nigerian economy.
In his keynote address at the launch of STIC, Executive Secretary of NCDMB Simbi Wabote said “We are a catalyst for the industrialization of the of the oil and gas sector and its linkage sectors. We don’t just initiate things and programmes, we see these initiatives and programmes through to the end.”
Wabote added that Nigerian Content STIC seeks to Generate Employment – by encouraging Nigerian Students to embrace the culture of research, innovation, and entrepreneurship development.
- Teams of two students from any of the accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- A team can only consist of students who are not graduating before December 2021
- Students can be from any department in any of the tertiary institutions.
- The innovative solution must be scalable
- The innovative solution must be driven by technology
- The innovative solution must have real-life applications
- The innovative solution must proffer a solution to at least one key sectors of the Nigerian economy
- The innovative solution must create jobs
- The innovative solution must reduce poverty
- The innovative solution must be financially profitable and create wealth.
- Winners: ₦10,000,000 + Business incubation
- First runner-up: ₦4,000,000 + Business incubation
- Second runner-up: ₦1,500,000
- STIC 2020 Champions: ₦750,000+ Apple Mac
- First runner-up :₦500,000
- Second runner-up: ₦250,000
- STIC 2020 Champions: Winners trophy + research & development centre
- First runner-up: Second place tropy
- Second runner-up: Third place trophy
Click here to apply.