The THRIVE Africa Challenge solves problems of the African agrifood industry, accelerates the development of the ecosystem, and selects the best startups and scale-ups for investment and global recognition.
The THRIVE Africa Challenge is powered by SVG Ventures.
Startups should be Seed to Series A with technologies focused in the following areas:
- Food safety
- Indoor Farming
- Farm management
- Sensing and IoT
- Animal Health & Livestock
- Robotics & Automation
- Innovative Food (Ingredient Innovation)
- Big Data & Predictive Analytics
- Supply Chain Management & Traceability
Winning Company receives
The winner will receive the THRIVE Africa Challenge Award and advance to the finals of the Global THRIVE Accelerator Program with an opportunity to be selected for the THRIVE VII Cohort in Silicon Valley, CA
- Recognition Award: THRIVE Africa Challenge Award
- Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp (Summer 2021) for max. 2 founders, conducted by THRIVE (US$ 15k value total, including travel, food, and accommodations)
- Invitation to pitch at the THRIVE VII Accelerator Finals. Selected companies receive investment and the opportunity to pitch at THRIVE|Forbes Demo Day 2021 in Salinas, CA, USA
- Recognition by SVG THRIVE
- Automatic acceptance as a Samsung XTC Finalist
Benefits for Entrepreneurs
- Promote innovation and recognize the most promising agrifood companies in Africa.
- Exposure to local & international investors and organizations
- Acceleration and attraction of the agrifood innovation ecosystem to the continent, bringing together key organizations
- Winning company qualifies for the finals of the THRIVE Accelerator program
- The announcement in THRIVE social media, website, and newsletter
Deadline: 20th November 2020 and the pitch challenge will hold on February 4, 2021. Click here to apply.