With the climate crisis and global pandemic upon us, the need for change has never been greater. There is an urgent need to innovate – and the timing is now. We see a huge potential for innovations from young, creative minds from Africa, and are therefore hosting this creative hackathon.
The Hackathon will last for 6 weeks. Participants will learn how to design using Ludenso Create, which is an Augmented Reality (AR) Computer-Aided Design (CAD) tool.
Over the course of a week, teams will collaborate to develop sustainable and innovative solutions that can help address major challenges in Africa. By connecting teams with the skills, knowledge, tools, and capabilities, we wish to engineer confidence, performance, and growth in innovating sustainable solutions to mitigate the challenges currently faced in Africa.
We invite young, creative doers, startups, developers, students, and everyone passionate about technology and making a difference to be part of it.
1. Open to only young African people between the age of 13 – 35 years old.
2. Only applicants who have demonstrated experience and passion for sustainable development, collaboration, and innovation are encouraged to apply.
3. The hackathon will be held fully in English. Therefore, applicants should be able to communicate well in English
4. Applicants should have stable internet connectivity and reliable access to a PC (Windows and MacBook) or an iPad.
Winning teams will receive over $3,000 USD worth of Prize Items:
- 7 AR Headsets (MagiMask) worth over $700
- $2,250 worth of Ludenso Create Licenses
- All First place winning team members will be offered 6 months XR internship at HOFT Developers
- First place winning team members will be branded on Ludenso platforms
- All winning team members will be branded on NIMechE Design Challenge platforms
- All winning team members will receive NIMechE Design Challenge and Ludenso Branded items
- 1-hour Mentorship session for each winning team member
- All winning team members will receive award certificates designed specially by our Strategic Partner, Ludenso
How to Apply
Click here to apply and applications closes October 14th at 11:59 PM WAT.