On the 1st October 2020, Nigeria will be celebrating its diamond jubilee as it turns 60.
The Federal Government of Nigeria under the Leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR has approved an inclusive National Independence Celebration program that will see that the thematic and creative aspects of the event are designed by Nigerians for Nigeria.
The FGN wants to use this opportunity to harness the power of Nigeria’s creative minds to create a new brand identity around the anniversary theme which will be celebrated in the public space for one year.
The challenge will include selecting the best slogan, the best poem, and the best photograph that best embodies the theme “Together as one”.
The best concepts from each category of the challenge will be selected by a mixture of several assessment criteria including a jury.
The top three finalists will present their work to His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, have their work used in celebrating Nigeria’s 60th Anniversary, and will also receive cash prizes, in addition to being part of this epoch-making event.
Criteria & Guide
1. The challenge will produce the best content towards celebrating Nigeria @60.
2. The challenge is open to all Nigerians of all ages and backgrounds.
3. Submissions will be accepted by individuals and a team of not more than four people.
4. All Submissions must be relevant to the theme of the anniversary.
5. Submissions must be memorable, creative, and reusable within the public space for at least one year.
6. All submissions must be made via the portal and Information to be submitted must include the full name and contact details including postal address, contact number, and email of the Lead Applicant.
7. All shortlisted applications will undergo screening to confirm identity and ownership.
8. The jury will score submissions based on relevance to the theme, originality, creativity, impact, and presentation.
9. The four-word slogan challenge requires you to provide a four-word slogan fitting the theme of Nigeria @ 60 Challenge “Together as @60”.
10. The Photographs will be used in official postal stamp by NIPOST for a period of one year.
11. The slogan will be used in any communication material throughout the year.
Applications are now welcome from individuals and teams for the three categories. The best concepts will be screened and the top three from each of the categories will be selected by a jury of professional writers, poets, and photographers. The finalists will make presentations to the President and winners will be announced on the 1st October 2020.
- Winner: ₦3,000,000, Award Plaque and Certificate of Accomplishment
- First Runner Up: ₦1,500,000, Award Plaque and Certificate of Accomplishment
- Second Runner up: ₦1,000,000, Award Plaque and Certificate of Accomplishment
Dr. Isa Pantami, Minister of Communications and Digital Economy say that the challenge will be done online with the exception of the Demo.
“As part of the efforts to make Nigeria a digital economy and in line with the current Covid19 crisis, the entire event with the exception of the demo day will be done remotely via an online portal. This ensures safer, faster, transparent, and more effective execution.”
“The new brand must be impactful both at the national level postering unity and at international level improving the positive impression of the country. Lai Muhammad Minister of Information and Culture
Click here to apply and for more details. Applications Close 15th September, 2020.