MTN Nigeria has added mobile money to the MTN network of services. Tagged Momo Agent, the new mobile money platform will be managed by one of the MTN subsidiaries–Y’ello Digital Financial Services.
MTN will leverage on its expansive network across Nigeria to ensure that MoMo Agents will immediately begin providing safe and accessible money transfer services to underbanked and unbanked people across Nigeria.
At the launch of Momo Agent, Usoro Usoro, General Manager, Mobile Financial Services, said the Momo service in Nigeria was part of the company’s strategic plan to drive financial inclusion and reduce poverty level.
Usoro explained that the Momo agent network will solve the problem of identity and access to financial services in Nigeria’s rural communities.
According to the director, some of the services the telecommunication company will be able to provide through the Momo Agent include money transfer, purchase of data, airtime, and payment of bills.
So how do you become a Momo Agent?
Step 1: Check to affirm if you meet the requirements below
Requirements for MoMo Agents
- Have an existing business or willing to invest in the agency business
- Have a Brick & Mortar/Immovable retail shop e.g. Pharmacy Pop & Mom Shop located in high foot traffic
- Viable means of identification (National ID, Driver’s License, International passport or Voters card)
- Readiness to provide 1 passport photograph.
- Capability to provide a Working Capital of N20,000 and above.
Step 2: Visit the nearest MTN outlet to pick up the form & submit your details
Step 3: Click here to download the application form
Step 4: Our field staff will contact you for a planned visit to ascertain your suitability