Emerging designers and tailors in the process of establishing a career in fashion have been invited to apply for the Vlisco Fashion Fund.
The Vlisco team shares knowledge, access to an expanded network, and helps emerging fashion talent with skill-strengthening and brand-development for their African fashion labels.
The Vlisco Fashion Fund winners receive career funding of €5000 to invest in new equipment, to help finance the set-up of a studio, or to otherwise facilitate business growth.
Each winner is also be invited to participate in professional training workshops.
- African fashion designers, 20-30 years of age, living in or outside Africa.
- Applicants must be able to design and sew their own clothes.
— Vlisco (@Vlisco) August 1, 2019
Selected applicants are invited for an interview and sewing test, after which 3 candidates are chosen as finalists per country category.
The finalists are given an assignment to complete, which is judged by an international panel of fashion professionals.
Seven winners are chosen, one from every country category: Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, DRC, Ghana, and ‘Global’ which includes the rest of Africa and the diaspora.
How to Apply
- Click here to download the application form
- Fill out the application form by computer, or by hand if necessary
- Prepare a portfolio of max. 8 images
- Send the completed application and portfolio in 1 email to email@example.com
- You must send all documents in 1 email
- Attachments cannot exceed 25 MB
- We do not accept WeTransfer files
Application Deadline: 1st October 2019.
- IFC Invests €20m in Bolt to Expand Mobility Solutions and Facilitate More Inclusive Transport in Emerging Markets - 03/05/2021
- Crowdyvest Attracts New Investors And Appoints Tope Omotolani as CEO - 03/04/2021
- Jumia Partners Samsung, Xiaomi, Intel, others to Offer Huge Discounts on Tech Gadgets For 2021 Tech Week - 03/02/2021