Indie Games Accelerator powered by Google is inviting applications from African gaming startups The indie Games Accelerator is a special edition of the Launchpad Accelerator programme, designed in close collaboration with Google Play, which features a comprehensive gaming curriculum and mentorship from top mobile gaming experts.
The programme is open to developers from Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and Tunisia, as well as a host of Asian, Middle Eastern and Latin American countries, and offers successful applicants all-expenses-paid trips to gaming bootcamps at Google Asia HQ in Singapore, the opportunity to be showcased on Google Play, and US$ 20,000 in Google Cloud Platform and Firebase credits.
Make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned below before applying
- You must be a registered developer on Google Play.
- You need to be based in one of the eligible countries: Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of entering the competition.
- You must be the developer of the game you are submitting for review.
- If you are submitting an unreleased game for review, it must have a playable demo APK (Android Package Kit) submitted to Google Play as private beta through the Google Play Console and made accessible to the program team by inviting email@example.com as a beta tester within the Submission Period.
Program selection process
All eligible entries will be reviewed by Google teams and program participants will be selected on the basis of:
- Game submitted for review, evaluated on innovation, fun, design, technological and production quality
- Ratings, reviews and performance of previously launched games on Google Play
- Developer’s ability to receive coaching
Indie Games Accelerator participants will also get direct access to leading game experts from Google, as well as from leading game studios and institutions around the world.
Applications close on May 19, with the cohort announced on June 5.
- Luno Launches Bitcoin Savings Wallet Allowing Users to Earn up to 4% Interest on Their Bitcoin - 10/19/2020
- Catalyst Fund Partners With Mastercard Foundation MEST to Launch $4.3M Inclusive Digital Commerce Accelerator in Ghana - 10/19/2020
- #EndSARS: Soro Soke Online Radio Launched to Amplify Protest Message - 10/18/2020