‘Make-IT in Africa’ is inviting applications from Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Tunisia startups (one person per start-up) to apply for an opportunity to be sponsored to pitch at the Afrolynk Conference 2018 in Berlin, Germany. Startups from these countries only have two more days to apply as entries close on July 26, 2018.
What are we looking for?
- For our pitching contest, we are looking for startups falling in line with a few of the Sustainable Development Goals including clean technology and energy, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial Services, Healthcare, ICT
- When you apply, in Section 1, make sure to emphasize that you heard about the conference through ‘Make-IT in Africa’.
What Make-IT in Africa and Afrolynk offer you:
While the attendance at the Afrolynk Conference (29-31 August 2018) is free for selected startups, GIZ does not provide direct funding for your business. However, the following will be provided:
- Fare, accommodation, and insurance costs for the duration of the event are covered by Make-IT in Africa
- Local and international exposure. Be featured as a high-potential startup on the Make-IT website and present your business at the Afrolynk Conference 2018 to engage with potential investors and industry
- Networks. Attend various events hosted by Make-IT partners (incl. corporates, investors, industry experts and representatives of the private and public sectors)
- Mentorship. Connect with our pool of highly qualified local and international mentors and experts.
During a three-day event, selected start-ups have the opportunity to participate in workshops and discussions and to talk to other founders.
The workshops are divided into Idea Development, Business Modeling and Innovation Management and focus on:
1. Investor Readiness & Investors Matchmaking
2. Problem Solving & Capacity Building for Entrepreneurs
3. Innovative ways to enter new markets
4. Use of technologies for improvement and scaling
Afrolynk Startup-Night 2018
Finally, entrepreneurs have the unique opportunity to present their business models to potential investors and companies such as SAP, Microsoft, Airbus, GreenTec Capital, AfDB, DEG at the conclusion of the conference.
- July 21st – 26th, 2018 (11:59 pm CET)> Online application
- July 27th 2018 > Feedback on application
- August 28th 2018 >Travel to Berlin
- August 29th and 30th 2018 > Entrepreneurs & Innovators Workshops for Startups
- August 31st 2018 > Main Conference & Startup-Night
- September 1st 2018 > Return flight
Afrolynk is an impact venture that supports, connects and brings together start-ups, entrepreneurs, investors, co-operation and organizations linked to the EU African market. Following the goal to provide capacity-building services and facilitate networking for young entrepreneurs working on or with a company on the African continent, Afrolynk is organizing the three-day event.