The TechCrunch Battlefield is back again and the startup event is coming to Lagos, Nigeria. Thus, early-stage startups have been invited to apply for a chance to win a Disrupt Cup, and a $50,000 prize (Bonus includes media and investor attention). Last year, TechCrunch went to Nairobi, Kenya for the startup competition aimed at attracting top startups in Sub-saharan Africa (SSA).
- Early-stage startups are welcome to apply
- 15 companies in each region will be chosen to compete
- Travel support for the finalists to the host city will be provided by TechCrunch
- Coaching from TechCrunch’s editors’ pre-Demo day will be provided.
- Winners will receive $25,000 plus a trip for two to the next TechCrunch Disrupt event
- At that event, winners can exhibit free of charge, and,
- If qualified, winners stand a chance of participating in the Startup Battlefield competition associated with that Disrupt.
Information pertaining to when applications will open is still sketchy but Beirut is on track for early October, São Paulo for early November and Lagos in early December.
Regardless, you can click here to apply.