Funded by the SANAD Fund for MSME, in partnership with MEST Africa and Impact Lab, the Pan-African Fintech Accelerator is a six-month virtual program designed for high potential technology businesses looking to scale their business, create global partnerships, and explore North African markets.
Ten (10) fintech startups from Uganda, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Senegal will go through a high-impact and tailor-made market integration and immersion program that will enable participants to launch successfully into North Africa and scale their businesses globally.
Who we are looking for:
- Must be a growth stage fintech company looking to have market entry into North Africa.
- Must be operational in either Ghana, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Uganda, and Senegal.
- At least one founder must be a citizen of one of the participating countries.
- Must be a Fintech startup providing solutions in regulatory technology, personal finance, lending, insurance, payment/money transfer, HR and payroll, wealth management, accounting, and expense management.
- Must have begun operations at least two (2) years before applying for this program
- Must have a dedicated full time founding team with at least 1 female founder
- Have evidence of revenue and a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
- Industry-specific training on how to assess and enhance your fintech product, design thinking, software engineering, business model development, user discovery, product lifecycle, agile product roadmaps, product testing, data analysis, and business model evaluation.
- Facilitated sessions with North African experts on the local fintech regulatory environments as well as mindset culture.
- Workshops on leadership, unit economics, and business partnerships.
- Industry meet-ups with North-African stakeholders and ecosystem players including institutional partners, corporates, and ecosystem players such as VCs.
- Virtual one-to-one sessions with pre-identified potential clients or commercial partners.
- Tailored sessions on go-to-market strategies including coaching on presentation, pitching, and public speaking, as well as support in developing adapted marketing material.
- Participation in Demo Day where startups will meet and present to an audience of investors, industry experts, corporates, ecosystem players.
Application Deadline: 20 January 2021
Commitment Fee: Participating startups will be required to pay a commitment fee of USD 500 which will be reimbursed.
- TransUnion Forms Credit Partnership With SA Fintech Fincheck - 01/18/2021
- Tizeti Launches High-speed 4G LTE in Edo - 01/18/2021
- Access Bank African Fintech Foundry Accelerator Program 2021 - 01/13/2021